From the constitution
- The association shall consist of the following categories of members.
- Founder members
- Ordinary members
- Honorary membersAdmission to membershipThe following shall be eligible for election to membership.
- Ordinary members- Any medical practitioner with MBBS or equal qualification, registered by the Sri Lanka medical council who is interested in Medical Nutrition.
- The founder members shall be any Medical Practitioner with MBBS or equal qualification, registered by the Sri Lanka Medical Council and is interested or/and currently contributing to the nutrition services in Sri Lanka and whose names were submitted to the association before/during the inauguration.
- Honorary members – The council may elect honorary members from amongst those who have made a specialcontribution to Medical Nutrition field. They will enjoy all rights and facilities except the right to vote or hold office.
- Life membership(ordinary)- Rs. 3000.00
Ordinary member’s annual membership- Rs. 500.00
Those who are in default of membership fee for a period of two years shall lose their privilege of membership.
- Subscription dues shall be payable on or before the day of the AGM of the current year.
- The membership fees shall be reviewed and revised whenever needed by the council.
You can handover your application form to Dr. JayaniTennakoon (0718505879) at Medical Nutrition Unit, NHSL.